Pioneer hotel in tourism sustainability
A hotel complex focused on reducing CO2 emissions, waste reduction, lower consumption of drinking water and social commitment with a complete sustainability plan endorsed by two official certifications (Biosphere and Menorca Biosphere) positioning ourselves as a benchmark hotel in Spain.
How do we do it? Here we explain it:
· Hybrid solar panels that allow us both to generate electricity for self-consumption, and to heat water for the internal consumption of our clients. · Efficient control systems of our main machinery. Aerothermal · Presence control system, home automation and low consumption light in rooms. · State-of-the-art insulating coatings. · Buy local product. Km0. · Own agricultural production. · Electric and hybrid vehicles.
· Elimination of single-dose food and other uses. · Elimination of plastic containers. · Use of compostable garbage bags of plant origin. · Elimination of posters and paper documentation.
Use of technology to digitize all hotel services. · Comprehensive waste separation. From the hotel rooms themselves, to the general facilities. · Own water bottling through specific osmosis and blue filter equipment. · Coasters and soles of the staff's shoes made with recycled materials from the sea.
· Mediterranean gardening. · Awareness posters for less use. · Saving mechanisms in taps and showers. · Japanese toilets that save 10,000 liters of water daily. · Use of gray water (shower and sink) through purification equipment for use in gardens. · We have a thalasso pool using direct seawater.
One of the most outstanding corporate values is our social commitment and it is part of our sense of responsibility as a company both with the environment and with our workers in order to create a great work environment. Among so many actions, we highlight:
< br> Continuous improvement and investment in benefits for our staff (labour rights, equal opportunities and remuneration, training, fight against discrimination, staff canteen, staff housing, latest technologies for our chambermaids to reduce physical effort, etc. .
· Commitment to the local community (betting on personnel from the island, our suppliers supply us with 100% local products..., etc.)
· Active collaboration in numerous social activities (support for NGO initiatives such as SOS Posidonia, sponsorship of sporting events, etc.)