Practices to reduce environmental impact
Our island, our little treasure. Because we want to bet on a more sustainable world and take care of our environment. Because we want to participate in the process of change towards a tourism aware of energy saving and recycling.
1. OUR WAR AGAINST THE PLASTIC:
· All the hotel waters and sodas are served in recycled cardboard or returnable glass box format.
· We use recycled cardboard straws for drinks
· Our garbage bags for the rooms, bathrooms and industrial are made of recycled paper or 100% biodegradable potato starch, compostable and organic with its corresponding badge.
· We use bottles of gel, shampoo… in a large refillable format avoiding the creation of plastic waste.
· Cloth laundry bags for dirty clothes. Zero use of plastic bags.
2. SAVING IN WATER RESOURCES
· We have a grey water recovery system from showers and sinks, which by decantation and purification of the water is again reused for the irrigation of our gardens.
· The taps have two opening positions to guarantee a better consumption of water and a cold opening system making the boilers only turn on when it is activated if hot water is required.
· The toilets have a dual flush cistern to achieve a reduction of the water consumption.
3. EFFICIENT LIGHTING
· The hotel has all its lighting based on low energy bulbs, lights regulated by photocells and presence detectors in the hallways to get a maximum efficiency.
· The lighting of the gardens is done with beacons that are charged with solar energy during the day and provide warm LED light at night.
4. HOT WATER RECOVERY SYSTEMS
· Thanks to our constant investment in the internal installation of the hotel we got a contribution of hot water from the operation of the air conditioning machinery. The heat generated by the cold creation process is reused to achieve a sanitary hot water with zero emissions.
5. CHLORINE-FREE POOLS
· Our new pool disinfection equipment obtains water in perfect condition through a process called hydrolysis, avoiding the use of chemical products added to the pool water. Hydrolysis through copper-silver anodes and by means of small discharges completely purifies the water and without the use of any added chemical product.
6. LOCAL PROVIDERS
· The importance of Km0 food products and artisans for our customer is very essential. Our daily suppliers are from Menorca: fishmonger, fruits, eggs, cheese, wine…
· We work with a supplier of organic farming who provides us seasonal vegetables in an orchard just 2 km away from the hotel.
7. EFFICIENT CONSTRUCTION
· The constructions carried out have very important energy requirements. The outer walls are wrapped in an insulating material that guarantees maximum isolation and efficient energy use. The windows and sliding doors of the terrace enjoy a “climalit” air chamber that gives them a very important insulating capacity.
8. THE BREATHING HOTEL
· The facade of the entire hotel is constructed of a material called KRION® Eco-Active. One of the most surprising features of this product that is capable of purifying the air. In fact, it has been proved that one square meter of this material can purify the air needed for 6,5 people to breathe clean air for a year.
· The Hotel has both our guests and our workers using specific garbage bins to facilitate the separation of waste easily. All this is stored in large containers of recycling company on a daily basis. Frying oil is also recycled by a specialized company.
· Our work not only consists of putting all these points into practice, but also of making our whole environment aware of the importance of work towards the efficient use of natural energies and resources. We want to transmit this message and that are still more and more people following our steps.